Sunday, 10 January 2010

BR 9F Tender - New Year Update

Having virtually completed the tender (including fitting the motor) i though i would take on the small task of creating extra details.

This includes brake detail, coal space, fireiron tool stowage and tools, and water transfer pipes.

This image shows the coal space i have created. The reason for doing this is because i don't believe in showing a tender always full of coal.

It was very difficult to create this around the motor and running gear and still maintain something that resembles the real thing.

I have also added the water tank breather vents and the access rail at the front of the space.

This is the view from the opposite side now showing the detail of the fireiron storage tunnel.

In this picture you can see the Water Transfer pipe from the Tender Sieve Box, also you can see more pipe detail just forward of the front axel spring.

If you look closely you can also see some brakes and brake rods behind the side frames. I am now very happy with what has been achieved on this model, all that is needed now is some paint.

BR 9F Evening Star Locomotive - New Year Update

Its been slow progress over the Christmas period but now n the New Year its time to push on.

As you can see from the pictures a lot of work has been carried out on the locomotive and i am very nearly ready to paint.

If you look closely at some of the pictures you can see extra detail within the model, this is something that i have set out from the start to make the model as detailed as possible.
This picture shows the left side of the locomotive and one detail i have added here is the sand box filler pipes and a detail cap.

When the locomotive is finished there will be a lot more pipes below the footplate which are currently being constructed from scratch.
This picture shows the front bogie with the added detail of real springs, i think this gives a sense of realism.
I have so far constructed the first parts of the running gear from the cylinders to the slide bars.
Side profile picture showing the full locomotive.
Another view of the full locomotive.

Well the next few weeks i will be painting the chassis so i can progress with all the running gear. I will also be adding liquid lead to various areas in order to add much needed weight to the model.

I have also started creating all the pipe work from scratch. This is to make sure all the pipe work resembles the original polished copper on the Evening Star. I will also be adding extra details inside the cab.